The government of Uttar Pradesh in association with the Government of India is organizing a mega Agriculture Expo called “Krishi Kumbh-2018” from 26-28 October 2018 at Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research Lucknow. The event is planned to project the state’s agriculture potential on one hand and provide a platform for interaction among stakeholders on the other hand. Participation of over one lakh farmers is expected in this mega event besides several ministers, senior Government officials and other Policy makers, international organizations, heads of banks and development institutions and captains of industries working in this vast area.
Krishi Kumbh-2018 would comprise of the National level exhibition, technical sessions around the theme of doubling farmers income, Business Meet, and host of other engaging activities. As Uttar Pradesh is the state with the largest number of farm holdings and largest numbers of farmers, this event offers a great opportunity for showcasing your work to the stakeholders in this field, especially the large number of farmers who are expected to visit the mega event. Hon’ble Prime Minister Government of India Shri Narender Modi Ji is expected to inaugurate this mega event as chief guest on 26th Oct 2018 at IISR Lucknow.
The primary objective of Krishi Kumbh 2018 is to provide a common platform to farmers, farmers group, technical experts and entrepreneurs for seamless exchange of knowledge regarding agriculture production food processing and marketing, agriculture mechanization, agro-food processing, high value crops, input and technology management in agriculture, PHT, e-NAM, ICT and innovative models in extension, animal husbandries, horticulture, poultry, fishery and many more. Furthermore, the event aims at increasing the agriculture production by adopting advanced technologies and emphasis on sustainable and durable production technology. The event will also develop integrated communication system involving different stakeholders at village/district/state/ national/international level.
The main attraction of this proposed Krishi Kumbh is as under 1. Live Farm Demonstrations for farmers at the venue (IISR Lucknow)
• Integrated Farming System (IFS)
• Organic Farming Live demonstrations
• BioEnergy Live Demonstrations
• Advanced Horticulture demonstration
• Land Reclamation Live demonstration
• Farming of Paddy and Fishing demonstration
• Crop demonstration
• Hy-breed Seed treatment demonstration
• Integrated Fisheries system
• Animal husbandry and live fodder demonstration
• In Situ, Moisture conservation lives demonstration Technical Sessions on
1. Sustainable and equitable development and efficient delivery of service
2. Agriculture Policy and reforms for Higher and sustained Farmer's Income
3. Integrated Farming System, Organic Farming & issues related to secondary Agriculture.
4.Trade Policy and Export Promotion.
5. Marketing & Agri-logistics for Promotion of Agribusiness.
6. Science and Technology, ICT and Start-ups in Agriculture.
7. Strategies for promotion of Agriculture in Bundelkhand region
8. Promotion of Horticulture with special focus on Eastern U.P. for doubling farmer’s income Production of Livestock and dairy, Poultry and Fishery as engines of growth
9. Climate change and its implications in Agriculture.
10. Capital Investments and Institutional Credit for Farmers.
11. Procurement of Agriculture produce, Storage & Public Distribution System
Keeping in view the vast potential available in agriculture and allied areas and to double the income of farmers, the Government of Uttar Pradesh is inviting Industry, Corporates and relevant stakeholders for their active participation in proposed exhibition and technical session and business meeting.